I don’t know about you, but between breakfast and dinner most days pass by in a whirlwind leaving me little time throughout the day to eat. Enter smart snacking!
The key to staying on track in any diet or nutrition plan is preparation…. and snacks! We all know that a quick trip anywhere can just as quickly turn into an hour or more (especially if you have to travel on a freeway in Los Angeles), and what happens when you get hungry? There are very few options out there for quick quality food, let alone something that fits within your nutrition parameters; that’s why it is so important to always travel with snacks (and water)!
Most everyone knows that you don’t go anywhere with a child without snacks. The same thing should go for you! Here’s why:
- You’ll stay on track with your nutrition plan
- You won’t have to sacrifice quality because you’re starving
- You won’t have to disrupt your day searching for a Whole Foods or Sprouts to get something wholesome and nutritious
All it takes is a little planning, and these days with online shopping, it really couldn’t be easier.
(However, if you’re in a pinch and need to get some fast “food,” I recommend Chipotle; you can still make smart meal choices, calculate macros, and their food is responsibly sourced without GMOs.)
Here are some of my favorite go to snacks:
- Perfect Bars
- Oh My Bars
- Too Busy to Eat Bars
- New Primal Jerky
- Wild Friends Vanilla Almond Butter Squeeze Pouch with Protein
- Artisana Organics Raw Cashew Butter Squeeze Pouch
- Essential Living Superfood Trail Mix
- Any Organic Trail Mix without added sugar
- Made in Nature Organic Dried Fruit (mangoes are my favorite)
- Organic Baby Carrots or other Veggies
- Organic Almonds and Macadamia Nuts
Be careful not to load up on fruit. Fruits are easy to eat on the go, and delicious, but for many people (especially those wanting to lose weight or get lean) they don’t make for a wise snacking option.
If you’re prepared to face the day with healthy snack options, then you’ll be less likely to give in to temptation or eat something that doesn’t support your health and fitness goals.
Stay healthy friends!
2017 02 01